Overseeing hundreds of millions of pounds worth of transactions each year, Skrill is a major online payments service now widely available at UK casino sites. Alongside the likes of PayPal and Neteller, Skrill is one of several e-wallet brands offering casino players lightning-fast transactions, high limits and excellent security features.
Read on for a comprehensive breakdown of why you should consider playing at a casino that accepts Skrill, and discover some of the inherent account perks which users can take advantage of through Skrill transactions. Our user-focused reviews make it easy to compare the best Skrill casinos and their various welcome bonuses, so let’s dive in.
- Gambling site
- Key Benefits
- Play Now
Up To £50 Welcome Bonus
- Up To £50 Wager Free Bonus
- Live Casino, Live Betting And Amazing Sportsbook
- Sign Up In Less Than 2 Minutes
100% Up To £100 + 200 Bonus Spins
- £100 Casino Bonus
- 200 Free Spins On Sign Up
- Exclusive Mr Green Slots And Games
Welcome Bonus 50 Free Spins
- 50 Free Spins On Wild Wild West Slots
- 5% Cashback Sat-Sun
- Brand New Casino
100% Up To £150 + 50 Bonus Spins
- 100% Up To £150 + 50 Free Spins
- Become A Cashmio VIP Champion
- Huge Progressive Jackpots
Casino payments – Skrill UK – what is Skrill?
Skrill is an e-wallet and money transfer service popular with many online gamblers. Users of Skrill are able to upload funds to their accounts from a variety of different sources – such as bank cards, bank transfers, and other e-wallets – and then use those funds for various online services. Skrill customers can also transfer funds to other account holders and, since 2018, convert Skrill funds into cryptocurrencies.
Skrill was founded in London in 2001 by Benjamin Kullman and Daniel Klein, originally under the name Moneybookers. The company continues to base its headquarters in London, and in its history has been subject to a series of acquisitions that have cemented its position as a leading electronic financial service.
Following on from the company’s rebranding in 2013, Skrill acquired the prepaid card payment service, Paysafecard. It was then itself acquired later that year by CVC Capital Partners for €600 million. The company was taken over by Optimal Payments, owners of rival e-wallet Neteller, in 2015. The €1.1 billion deal was followed by Optimal Payments rebranding as Paysafe Group. Skrill now comprises over 2,000 employees, and is operational in 40 different currencies across over 120 countries.
How to Create a Skrill Account
Opening a Skrill account is quick, easy, and most importantly, free. Just follow these simple steps.
- Visit the official Skrill website and select Open a Free Account
- Enter in your personal details, including name, country of residence, currency and email address, before choosing a secure password
- Continue to fill in your information on the next page, which will ask you for your date of birth, address and mobile number
- Once you’ve filled in all the required fields, you’ll be sent a six-digit verification code to your phone – key this in when prompted and your account will be live
How can I deposit with Skrill?
One of the key benefits of using a Skrill casino is that both deposits and withdrawals are faster than most other payment methods. Here’s how you can make a Skrill deposit.
- Have a browse of our recommendations of the best Skrill casinos in the UK
- Take a look at our user-focused reviews, compare welcome offers, then click through to a site you like the sound of
- Our link will take you directly to the sign up page of the casino site – simply fill in your details to become a member. Before you can make your first deposit, the casino may need to carry out some identification checks – this can involve new members submitting some documents, including a form of ID and a recent utility bill
- Once these checks have been completed, you can head to the cashier page and select the Skrill option
- Make your first deposit in line with the welcome bonus. This won’t involve any exchange of banking information, since Skrill payments are authorised by the details linked to your account, such as your password or email address
- Place your first wager!
How do I withdraw funds via Skrill?
And here’s how you can withdraw money from a Skrill casino. Skrill withdrawal times at online casinos are significantly reduced compared to older banking technologies, which is one of its major perks. Here’s how it works:
- Before you’re able to make a withdrawal, you’ll need to complete all of the casino’s T&Cs
- Go to the cashier page and request a withdrawal
- Enter the amount
- If this is your first withdrawal, the casino may carry out a few more identity checks
- Once these have been completed, and the request has been processed, you’ll receive your funds instantly
Why use Skrill?
Casinos that accept Skrill offer their members lots of benefits. Here are the main ones.
Skrill Payout Times
Casinos with Skrill put themselves in a position to better facilitate fast payouts on customer withdrawals. This is perhaps the main benefit of using Skrill at online casinos, as it gives punters the opportunity to get hold of their cash very quickly once the casino has processed the withdrawal request.
Most online casinos allow themselves a 24-hour window to process any withdrawal. The difference with Skrill and other e-wallets is that once this process has been completed, the funds will instantly be transferred to the customer’s chosen account. Other methods – in particular debit cards and bank transfers – can take between 2-5 working days to achieve the same result. This is a huge boon for Skrill casinos and their customers, and one of the major factors contributing to Skrill’s popularity at UK casino sites.
High Deposit and Withdrawal Limits
Skrill transactions at online casinos have some of the highest limits on both deposits and withdrawals. The precise figures will fluctuate with each site, but most casinos allow for deposits and withdrawals up to £5,000.
Since there’s no need to enter in account numbers and sort codes when making a deposit with Skrill, this process is also incredibly quick. And if casino players make use of Skrill 1-Tap, the process becomes even faster. 1-Tap is a unique feature that allows punters to make a casino deposit with just one click of a button. This means players can continue to make deposits without interrupting the flow of their favourite games. Before you start putting 1-Tap to use, however, it’s important to know that Skrill charges a fixed fee of 4.9% on these transactions, and that they can only be carried out in euros.
Skrill Prepaid Mastercard
Skrill customers are eligible for a Skrill prepaid Mastercard – a contactless card that can be used to make purchases at any Mastercard-accepting outlet in the world. This card involves a maintenance fee of €10 per year, but Skrill will waive this fee for VIP customers with bronze status or higher.
One of the main benefits of using the Skrill Mastercard is that every transaction incurs points at Skrill’s loyalty programme, Knect. These points can then be exchanged for cash, vouchers, and further bonus rates. Skrill customers will also collect Knect points on any Skrill transaction, including deposits at online casinos, money transfers to other Skrill customers, and cryptocurrency conversions.
Disadvantages of Using Skrill
Using Skrill at an online casino comes with one major drawback: fees. If you’re transferring money into your Skrill wallet from a Visa or Mastercard bank account, you’ll incur a fixed fee of 1% of the total. This 1% fee will also be charged when transferring funds via bank transfer, Paysafecard and Trustly.
Skrill is a leading online payments solution, so payments to merchants won’t incur any fees. However, it’s always best to check your casino’s payment terms and conditions; in rare cases, some casino sites do include a fee on Skrill transactions.
What Bonuses are Available at Skrill Casinos?
Casino players will be offered a range of different bonuses throughout their time at the site, beginning with a welcome bonus that may contain several different elements. Below are some of the most common bonus types at all online casinos. Before making use of these bonuses, always make sure you check the terms and conditions, paying particular attention to maximum win caps, time limits and wagering requirements.
If you’re offered a matched deposit as part of a welcome offer, it’s not unusual for the deal to be as generous as ‘100% up to £200’. An offer of this kind would see the recipient land a total of £400 in their account from a £200 deposit, half of which will come on the casino’s behalf.
No Deposit Bonuses
These function in exactly the same way as matched deposits, except – yep, you guessed it – there’s no deposit needed. Although these bonus offers come entirely at the casino’s expense, their value is likely to be much smaller as a result.
Free Spins Bonuses
You’ll have no shortage of options when it comes to slots at a UK casino site, which means that you’ll need to know about free spins. These bonuses credit the user’s account with a bundle of bonus spins, usually following on from a qualifying deposit. For example, you might receive an offer of ‘50 free spins when depositing £25’.
Best Skrill UK Casino Promotions and Offers
Although PayPal is a company significantly larger than Skrill, you may be surprised to learn that more UK online casinos accept the latter. That’s good news if you are planning to open a Skrill UK account. Whilst the entire list of Skrill-accepting online casinos is beyond the remit of this review, here are some of the most notable offers currently available.
Being one of the largest land-based and online casino platforms in the UK market, William Hill need no introduction. Their casino department is of significant size, covering everything from slots, table games, live dealers, bingo and virtual games. By depositing with Skrill UK, new players are offered a highly lucrative 100% matched buy in bonus up to £300. Wagering requirements are set at 40x.
Much like William Hill, Ladbrokes are also one of the largest UK based casinos with a presence both online and offline. They have an excellent suite of casino games available and of course, they accept Skrill UK. By registering an account for the very first time, Ladbrokes offers new customers a ‘Bet £10 Get £50’ promotion. Wagering requirements are set at 40x.
Although based in Ireland, Paddy Power are part of the ‘Big 5’ bookmakers in the UK. They are well known for offering excellent promotions for both new and existing players. In terms of the welcome bonus offered by Paddy Power, players are offered a ‘Bet £10, Get £50’ package, which also includes 30 free spins. Wagering requirements are set at 50x.
What Games are Available at Skrill Casinos?
Here are some of the most popular categories of games on offer at a Skrill casino.
Online gamblers love slot games. To reflect this, it’s not unusual to see over 1,000 of these titles at one site alone. There’s no skill involved with these games – players simply spin the reels and hope for the best – and the emphasis is squarely on vibrant visuals and an immersive, fun atmosphere. Game developers concentrate their efforts into producing the next blockbuster, taking inspiration from all manner of themes, including ancient mythologies, fairy tales and modern pop culture.
Available in both a random number generated (RNG) and live dealer setting, blackjack is the most popular card game at all online casinos. Blackjack pits players against the house in a bid to attain the closest hand to 21 without going bust.
Red or black, odd or even, or something more ambitious altogether – it’s your call at the roulette wheel. There are many different variations of roulette, each with their own set of rules and inherent house edge, so make sure you’re familiar with the game you’re playing before committing real money to your wagers.
Skrill Betting Sites
Before listing a site on GamblingDeals, we take an extensive look at what it’s offering. Here are some of the areas we assess, and how this affects the gambling experience.
- Customer safety – first and foremost, we’ll never recommend an unlicensed site. Gambling licences help protect casino members by encrypting their personal data and ensuring the site’s games are appropriately regulated
- Bonuses and promotions – consistent, accessible, and affordable bonuses can enhance your experience at a casino. To determine the true value of a promotion, we also delve deep into the associated T&Cs
- Available markets – at a Skrill casino, this means players having access to a broad games library, such as a variety of poker formats
- Customer experience – this refers not only to outstanding customer support when necessary, but also good site aesthetics, such as clever design and intuitive navigational features
- Advanced features – does the site have any unique features, such as exclusive games, a good loyalty points scheme, VIP status, or entertaining on-site tournaments? If it does, that’s a tick in our book
Skrill Casino Sites
|Skrill Casino Sites||Recommendation|
|Bethard Casino||Bets Live Casino, Live Betting And Amazing Sportsbook|
|Mr Green||Best Multi Language Support|
|Metal Casino||Best Brand New Casino|
|Cashmio UK||Best Progressive Jackpots|
|Casinoland||Best Industry Leading Welcome Package|