Book Of Ra Slots – Top 10 Book Of Ra Slot Sites And Book Of Ra Bonuses
Does a slot game based on the ancient Egyptian deity of the sun sound intriguing to you? Read our Book of Ra review to get the lowdown on this classic slot and choose a place to play.
Finding a Book of Ra slot site is made easy here at GamblingDeals. Simply browse our comparison list of the top sites that host this game to get started. If you’d like to see more info, read our impartial reviews of each casino. Once you’re set, click through to sign up and claim your new customer bonus.
- Gambling site
- Key Benefits
- Play Now
100% up to £200 + 100 Spins
- Brand New Casino
- Free Spins on Starburst
- Accepts Skrill
100% up to £200 + 100 Free Spins
- 100 Spins + £200 Bonus
- Full PayPal Support
- Huge Jackpot Slots
100% Up To £300 + 50 Bonus Spins on Starburst
- Up to £300 Welcome Bonus
- Free Bonus Spins
- Accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
100% Up To £50 + 50 Real Money Free Spins
- Full PayPal Support
- Super Fast Withdrawals
- New Games Every Week
Spend £10 Get 200 Bonus Spins
- Bet £20 Get 110 Bonus Spins
- Bonus Spins On Midnight Wilds
- Slot Games, Slingo Games & Live Dealer
Deposit £10 Get 30 Extra Spins
- Free Spins on Secrets of the Phoenix
- Slingo Available
- Daily Casino Offers
Deposit £20, Play With £50
- Deposit £20, Play With £50
- UK's Most Trusted Casino Brand
- Sports Betting Site Available. Money back if your horse finishes 2nd to the SP favourite
100% up to £50 + 50 Free Spins
- Casino & Sport
- PayPal Approved
- Great for Slots
Up to £6,000 Welcome Bonus
- Great for Slots & Slingo
- Lots of Giveaways
- PayPal Approved
100% Up To £100 + 10% Cashback
- 10% Cashback No Restrictions
- 100% Up To £100 1st Deposit
- Slot Games, Table Games & Live Dealers
Book of Ra Slot Explained
Originally released by Novomatic in 2005, the UK-based developer followed up with the Book of Ra Deluxe version in 2008. Book of Ra Deluxe subsequently became the predominant version of the game, as it featured updated graphics and an additional payline.
Read on to find out more about this classic slot, as we address everything from the Return to Player (RTP) rate to the bonus rounds available in the game. We’ll also run you through our process for selecting which Book of Ra slot sites we feature on this page. When you’re ready to play, use the comparison list above to find a site that’s right for you and click through to sign up.
How We Review Book of Ra Slot Sites
Here at GamblingDeals.com, it’s our job to bring you the cream of the crop when it comes to Book of Ra slot sites. To do this, we review sites against a range of important criteria. Check out the list below to get an idea of our process.
- Licensing – All the sites we endorse are licensed by state regulators like the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC) and Malta Gaming Authority (MGA). This ensures the site is audited and approved on matters such as fair play and timely payouts.
- Bonuses and Promotions – The best Book of Ra slot sites offer player-friendly bonuses for new and existing players. We like to see a range of promotions from slots tournaments to free bingo rooms.
- Games Selection – Fans of the Book of Ra slot tend to enjoy other ancient Egyptian-themed titles, so we look for a selection of similar games in addition to a wide variety of other slots and table games from the industry’s leading developers.
- Fast Withdrawals – It’s a pain having to wait around for payouts, so we make it clear to readers whether or not an online casino offers fast withdrawals.
- Site Design – It’s always good to see a bit of originality from a casino’s design and aesthetics. No one wants to spend time on an unattractive and difficult to use site. Thankfully, there are lots of user-friendly sites on the market that offer a wealth of handy navigational tools.
- Mobile – The best Book of Ra slot sites have their own native app available for download. If they don’t, we place extra emphasis on ensuring the mobile site offers a smooth gaming experience.
- Customer Support – It’s imperative that customers have help on-hand if an issue arises. Whether it’s via a live chat service, web form, or email support, the best sites have support teams available around the clock.
Book of Ra Slot Features
Let’s run through the main features of the Book of Ra slot machine so you know what to expect when you load up the reels for the first time.
Reels, Rows, and Paylines
Book of Ra Deluxe has five reels, three rows, and ten paylines. The paylines aren’t adjustable, so you just need to choose your stake size and click spin to get started. Winning combinations of matching symbols have to start from the leftmost reel and move across adjacent reels.
Stake Size and Payouts
Players can spin the reels of the Book of Ra slot from 10p up to £50 a pop. The maximum payout of 5,000x your stake comes from the free spins bonus round when high value special expanding symbols are in play. The top payout in the base game is 500x the stake, awarded for five Explorer symbols. Smaller payouts of 10x or 15x are up for grabs for five letter symbols, as well as much lower rewards for three or four matches.
Bonus Rounds and Special Features
The main event of the Book of Ra slot is the free spins bonus round. To get it started, you need to land three or more Book of Ra Scatter symbols anywhere on the reels. There’s an instant payout of 2x, 20x, or 200x your stake for 3, 4, or 5 scatters along with 10 free spins.
That’s not all though — before the free spins begin, a special expanding symbol is randomly chosen. When it appears on a spin, the chosen symbol will expand to cover the entire reel if a winning combination is available. You could end up with one expanding symbol covering the entire reel set! In that case, the Explorer symbol would land the 5,000x jackpot, while Tutankhamun is the next best at 2,000x the stake.
RTP and Volatility
The RTP of Book of Ra is below average, standing at 95.1%. Still, a percent here or there won’t be noticeable in one or even ten playing sessions. What will be noticeable is the extremely high volatility in this game. Players can expect to go on long winless runs, although the payouts tend to be higher than in other games when you do get a hit.
Theme and Appearance
Being an older slot game, the graphics in Book of Ra aren’t as slick as newer slots. That said, this gives it a bit of a retro feel, which some players relish. Plus, the soundtrack really enhances the mystical quality of the ancient Egyptian deity theme. You’ll embark on a quest alongside the game’s famous explorer as he seeks to uncover the secrets of Ra. The Horus, scarab beetle, and Tutankhamun symbols you’ll find on the reels complete the look as they bring some of the larger payouts of the game.
Book of Ra Deluxe is fully compatible with mobiles and tablets as well as laptops and desktops. That means you can spin the reels on the go from any location, as long as you have a decent internet connection.
Book of Ra Casino Bonuses
There are lots of different types of casino bonuses up for grabs at Book of Ra slot sites. Let’s check out some of the most popular.
The free spins bonus round in Book of Ra is one of the most exciting aspects of the game, so you may be wondering if there’s a way to land some more free games. Free spins are regularly offered up in casino welcome bonuses and often feature in deals for existing players too.
Matched deposits allow you to claim bonus credit when you add funds to your casino account for the first time. These deals work to a particular percentage — for example, a 100% match on a £10 deposit would leave you with £20 to play with.
No Wagering Bonuses
Wagering requirements are the perennial thorn in slots players’ sides, often making it virtually impossible to withdraw any winnings from bonus offers. No wagering bonuses are much more player-friendly, as anything you win from your free spins or matched deposit is yours to keep.
Payment Methods at Book of Ra Slot Sites
Before you get started spinning the reels of the Book of Ra slot, you’ll need to deposit some funds into your casino account. This is a quick and easy process and there are numerous payment methods you can use — here’s a taste of the most popular.
Debit cards are available to use at every online casino listed here at GamblingDeals, so they’re a reliable option for players who are happy to deposit from a bank account. You won’t need to create any additional accounts or worry about payment exclusions for unlocking deposit bonuses. The downside is that withdrawals can take up to five working days, depending on the casino’s internal processing speeds.
Some online casino players opt for an e-wallet like PayPal, Neteller, or Skrill to make payments. These services carry numerous benefits. For one, you have access to much quicker withdrawals that are generally completed in one or two days. What’s more, you can set up a payment simply by logging into your e-wallet account, so there’s no need to share your sensitive card details.
Trustly uses Open Banking technology to facilitate payments between online merchants and users’ bank accounts. This allows for seamless casino deposits and withdrawals, without you having to share your card details or create an account. Instead, you just log in to your bank via Trustly’s secure portal. Trustly doesn’t save any information that can be used to access your account, so it’s completely safe to use.
Paysafecard is a type of prepaid voucher available to buy in shops. Once you’ve paid for the card, you can deposit the funds into your casino account using the unique 16-digit code. The card can’t be reloaded, so once you’ve spent the funds, that’s it. For this reason, Paysafecard is often favoured by players who like to keep a close eye on their spending. As it’s bought in a shop, it allows you to use cash to make a deposit. The downside is that you will need to use an alternative payment method to withdraw funds.
Other Book of Ra Slot Games
Thanks to its status as a cult classic, Book of Ra has inspired a number of spin-offs from its original developer. Here are some of the other popular Novomatic games in the Book of Ra series:
- Book of Ra Deluxe 10 – features ten reels and 100 paylines.
- Book of Ra Temple of Gold – a female adventurer goes exploring El Dorado’s legendary temple.
- Book of Ra Mystic Fortunes – four fixed jackpot prizes up for grabs.
- Book of Ra Magic – free spin retriggers available, making it easy to win the jackpot.
Compare Book of Ra Slot Sites and Sign Up
If a journey into the world of hieroglyphics and Egyptian deities sounds like fun, get started with the Book of Ra slot by signing up to one of our recommended casino sites. Browse our comparison list and read the reviews to find one that’s right for you, then click through to register and play.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who invented Book of Ra?
Novomatic released the Book of Ra slot in 2005 and followed up with the Deluxe version in 2008.
- What is the minimum bet on Book of Ra?
At most casino sites, the Book of Ra minimum bet is 10p.
- What is the highest possible payout in Book of Ra?
5,000x your stake, by filling the screen with expanding Explorer symbols during the free spins round.
- How many Book of Ra games are there?
In addition to the original version and the Deluxe revamp, there are five Book of Ra sequels.
- Can I play Book of Ra with free spins?
Absolutely — you just need to pick a casino welcome bonus that offers free spins for the Book of Ra slot. Alternatively, you can unlock free games from within the slot itself by landing at least three Scatter symbols.